Little Diggers Disco
After nearly seven years and thousands of children through the doors of the Corrimal RSL, the club has decided to cancel the Little Diggers Disco. I would like to thank every mother, father and child that came to the disco and also the lovely Belinda Harkness who has been running the disco for the past 18 months. We have seen so many children grow up at the disco. I guess one of my favourite memories will always be young Billy doing an Oscar-worthy 'dying' scene during our game of Murder Wink!
My heartfelt thanks to you all and I'm sorry we can't continue. Please note for those of you who live down south, Belinda has replicated the disco at the Windang Bowling Club. Please contact her on 0411 453 433.
Below is how we use to advertise the disco. When I have the heart, I will remove this from my website :(
The Little Diggers Disco is a very successful children's disco and family night that was run by Belinda Harkness at the Corrimal RSL every fortnight for nearly seven years. The RSL has decided as at July 2012 to discontinue the disco and we are moving it to another venue. Watch this space as we are in negotiation! The disco is fully supervised with organised games and dancing. We only play age-appropriate music.
Join the Facebook group for Little Diggers and you will be kept up to date with all news, changes and fun activities. Simply follow this link http://www.facebook.com/littlediggersdisco and click the "LIKE" button before leaving the page to be kept updated.
We supply a professional sound system (but not too loud), a bubble machine and take requests from the children.
Children's birthday parties are a great hit at the disco. Please call in advance if you would like your child's party catered for.
The restaurant now offers a vegetarian option for children's birthday parties.
Disco dates: Dates sometimes change due to other events at the RSL. Please ring 0411 453 433 to check. The times for the disco are 5:30 pm to 8:00 pm.
Having a birthday party with us?
Ring Bel and she willl provide birthday invitations.
- COST: Free entry to disco. Party costs listed below.
- TIMES: 5:30 to 8:00 - children can be collected at anytime within these hours.
- SECURITY: The same parent or guardian must sign the child in and out. You may sign in more than one child. The operators have had Working With Children checks and there is a door-person so that children cannot leave alone. Parents who are in other parts of the club can be paged if child requests.
- SNACKS & DRINKS: Children may purchase chips and drinks. Please note that children should not approach the bar. One of the staff will come out onto the floor to take orders.
- AGE LIMIT: There is no age limit at our disco; we like to encourage families to come out together and bring all of their children. Please stay with small children, but feel free to use the club’s other facilities if your children are old enough to take care of themselves.
- BEHAVIOUR: We love exuberant children and encourage them to have a carefree time. Children will be asked to behave with no running, pushing or bullying allowed.
- BIRTHDAY PARTIES: Bookings should be made at least one week before date of party.
- Occasionally we can fit in another small party, but it is best to book in early.
- COST FOR BIRTHDAY PARTIES*: $12.00 per child—includes own table for the party with tablecloth, plates, serviettes and cups, a balloon for each child, a name sign for the birthday child and party food. Free cordial.
- ADULTS accompanying children to the disco may like to order from the bistro downstairs and eat at the disco. (Adults may bring bistro food into the disco area.)
- BOOKINGS: We often get booked out so please make booking for parties in advance. Numbers must be confirmed by Thursday of the week of the disco. Once numbers are confirmed, full amount is payable even if some children do not attend. Please pay full amount on night of party to Little Diggers Disco operators, KISS Events (Cheques payable to Claire Roberts).
- BIRTHDAY CAKES, lolly bags and party hats may be brought into the disco. Please don’t bring streamers, party poppers, confetti, glostix with small connectors or other messy items. GLOW STICKS are available to purchase. Glow sticks with small connectors not allowed to be brought into the club.
- BIRTHDAY MENU*: Party pie, spring roll, hash browns, chicken nuggets and chips, free cordial. VEGETARIAN OPTION: vegetable spring roll, wedges, samoa, vegetable tempura, sauces. ADULTS: Platter available $50 - 12 chicken wings, 15 spring rolls, 12 dim sims, 15 fish pieces, 12 prawn cutlets, prawn crackers. Please order in advance when making disco booking.
*Dates, prices and menu subject to change. Please phone to check. Information for members and their guests